- permanent full-time role based in the Sydney CBD
- dynamic not-for-profit organisation
- flexible working hours
- fast-paced and varied role
- be part of a passionate team that helps to drive fundraising income in support of people most in need including those experiencing homelessness and mental health challenges.
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the role
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an energetic and passionate individual to join our dynamic fundraising team. The Donor Services Officer role is part of the Operations hub that is responsible for supporting Wesley Fundraising across a variety of donor nurture and data management functions.
If you have worked in fundraising donor/supporter services, or in customer service and marketing roles with experience providing exceptional customer service and nurturing relationships, then please get in touch. You will be joining a fun and vibrant team, with a strong culture of team work and collaboration.
This role will be responsible for implementing key initiatives to support fundraising strategy. This role will contribute to acquiring, retaining and nurturing individual donors in order to drive fundraising revenue and grow our supporter base.
- build relationships with our donors and supporters
- provide best in class donor care via phone calls, personalised email communications, events and occasional face to face meetings
- assist in implementing donor journeys to maximise retention of individual supporters
- process donations and donor requests
- administration activities such as maintaining accurate and comprehensive records in our CRM database.
- exceptional people skills, ability to work with various stakeholders
- effective written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail
- experience in donor stewardship and growing and nurturing supporter base
- experience in using any CRM software and digital platforms
- high level of competency in MS Office
- demonstrated ability to work unsupervised as well as an effective team player with a positive can-do attitude.
Sunday 21 August 2022.
Please submit a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria. For further information, or to submit an application, please contact: Bhramar Gupta email@example.com
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.