Wesley Dalmar Out of Home Care Penrith
- full-time 12-month maternity leave position
- based in Penrith
- fully maintained vehicle & salary packaging benefits
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the role
This exciting position entails supporting children and young people in foster care to achieve their educational potential. You will be co-ordinating a team of educational mentors and offering direct support to case managers, foster carers and school personnel. You will also be working one to one with students from Kindergarten to Year 12, providing school support and academic tutoring.
- tertiary qualifications in Education
- experience in working with children with behavioural and learning difficulties and who may have experienced complex trauma
- understanding of the educational needs of children in foster care
- ability to work as a team with other professionals
- willingness to learn new skills
- current driver’s licence and willingness to drive throughout the region.
- qualifications in Special Education
- experience in teaching children in care.
Salary and employment conditions are in accordance with the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 (SCHADS) with attractive salary packaging options.
Friday 31 December 2021, by 12pm.
Applications including a cover letter addressing the selection criteria and updated resume are to be sent to Dominique Glazier. For any enquiries regarding the role or to submit an application, please contact:
Phone: 0429 076 273
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values and Worker code of conduct. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.