Wesley Dalmar Child & Family
- casual position
- Sydney Region; including Penrith, Hawkesbury, Blacktown, Sutherland Shire, Campbelltown and surrounding areas
- supporting children in out-of-home care
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the role
This exciting position entails supporting children and young people in foster care to achieve their educational potential. You would be working one to one with a small number of students on a weekly basis, in one-hour sessions to improve their literacy and/or numeracy skills. Students may range from Kindergarten to HSC students and sessions may occur within school hours or after school hours.
Education support is required in the following locations and surrounding areas of Sydney:
- Western Sydney region including Penrith, Erskine park, Mt Druitt, and Blacktown
- Hawkesbury region including Richmond and Windsor
- Riverstone and Marsden Park areas
- Campbelltown region
- Sutherland Shire.
Please note: It is a requirement of this role to meet vaccination requirements for COVID-19.
- degree in education and/or relevant qualifications and experience as a teacher (final year students completing a teaching degree may also be considered)
- experience working with children and/or families
- high-level verbal and written communication skills
- current Working with Children Check
- current driver’s licence and access to reliable vehicle.
- ability to work during and after school hours
- ability to provide support to clients across a range of ages and learning areas including primary and high school, literacy and numeracy
- understanding of the educational needs of children in out-of-home care including the impact of trauma, attachment dysfunction and grief and loss.
This position is casual, and hours are determined by number of clients supported. The agency provides regular supervision and support for all staff and opportunities for professional development.
Friday 22 July 2022, 5pm
Please submit a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter addressing all the selection criteria and clearly stating the locations being applied for to:
Phone: 0438 744 563
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values and Worker Code of Conduct. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission; including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.