Maitland Out of Home Care
- casual position
- Hunter Region; including Maitland, Lake Macquarie, Dungog, Cessnock, Muswellbrook, Singleton and surrounding areas
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the role
This exciting position entails supporting children and young people in foster care to achieve their educational potential. You would be working one to one with students on a weekly basis, to improve their literacy and/or numeracy skills ranging from Kindergarten to HSC students.
- degree in education and/ or relevant qualifications and experience as a school learning support officer (final year students completing a degree may also be considered)
- experience working with children and/or families
- high-level verbal and written communication skills
- current Working with Children Check
- current driver’s licence and access to reliable vehicle.
- understanding of the educational needs of children in Out of Home Care.
This position is casual and hours are determined by number of clients supported. Hours are generally between 3-6pm as support occurs outside normal school hours. The agency provides regular supervision and support for all staff and opportunities for professional development.
Friday 4 February 2022, 5pm.
Please submit a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter addressing all the selection criteria to:
Phone: 0460 321 879
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values and Worker Code of Conduct. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission; including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.