- full-time position
- based in Ashfield
- salary SCHADS Level 5 + vehicle + super + salary packaging benefits.
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the program
Wesley Mission GambleAware program provides a stepped, multimodal, individualised approach to supporting individuals impacted by problem gambling as well as those who are at risk of developing problem gambling behaviours.
About the role
The role of the GambleAware counsellor is to deliver person-centred and flexible therapeutic counselling support to individuals, families and significant others in order to assist in reducing the negative effects of problem gambling.
All staff within Family & Counselling Services work hard to develop and maintain harmonious working relationships in an autonomous-supportive work environment where they are all trained to be the best in their field.
- relevant tertiary qualification and/or equivalent in counselling or psychology
- experience and training in addiction and/or gambling counselling
- experience community networking
- demonstrated skills & experience of a broad range of therapeutic approaches when working with individuals, couples and families.
- membership of professional association (i.e. APS, PACFA)
- ability to work some evenings or Saturday
- demonstrate highly developed communication skills in written and oral situations, with supportive & positive attitude toward all persons for whom there is responsibility, accountability or care
- computer literacy
- excellent time management, multi-tasking and follow-up skills
- willingness to affirm Wesley Mission’s vision, mission and values
- current NSW driver’s license
- current Working with Children Check.
- an interest in and knowledge of problem gambling issues, domestic violence, substance abuse, mental health, grief and loss,
- flexibility to work some evenings and occasional Saturdays.
Wednesday, 24th August 2022.
Please email your current resume and a two-page cover letter addressing the criteria and why you are interested in this role and what you can bring to our team. Please include the completed Wesley Mission Application for Employment.
Contact: Nick Fischer
Please find an Application Pack, including Position Description below.
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values and Worker code of conduct. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.