Wesley Home Care
- multiple part-time positions to deliver in-home services to frail-aged people
- Western Sydney – Parramatta, Holroyd, Hills District, Campbelltown, Nepean
- other locations also available
- looking for staff available to work weekdays, evenings and weekends
- learning and development opportunities
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the role
Wesley Home Care assists frail-aged people to lead fulfilling lives by providing life enriching supports in the community. We offer quality care, encouraging clients to maintain independence, while catering for their social, physical and spiritual needs.
This is a great opportunity for anyone who genuinely wants to make a difference & is passionate about improving quality of life for our aged care clients. We provide person-centered care and support that enables our clients to maintain their sense of independence and wellbeing in their own home.
- Certificate III in Individual Support Aged Care or Disability Care or willingness to obtain
- current first aid certificate
- proof of COVID-19 vaccinations
- previous experience working with frail aged people, younger people with disabilities, people with dementia and complex needs
- experience in monitoring clients and reporting behavioural or health changes
- experience with providing personal care, including the use of mobility aids
- communication and interpersonal skills
- ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently
- understanding of WH&S issues and risk management for client home-based care and during transport of clients
- comprehensively insured & registered motor vehicle and current NSW driver’s licence.
- those speaking a second language are encouraged to apply.
Salary and employment conditions are in accordance with the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 as Home Care Worker Grade 3.
Kilometre and travel time reimbursement provided.
Paid training and meeting time.
Salary packaging opportunities are available.
Tuesday 30 November 2021, by 5 pm.
Please submit a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter addressing all the selection criteria, using the subject line Support Worker and stating the region for which you are applying to:
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.