Wesley Family Preservation WSNBM
- permanent full-time position – 38 hours per week
- based in Blacktown
- salary SCHADS Level 6 + car allowance + super + salary packaging
- leading NFP organisation.
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the program and role
The Family Preservation WSNBN program provides targeted support to vulnerable families with children and young people aged 0-17 years, to prevent them from escalating into the child-protection or Out of Home Care system.
We are looking for an outstanding Infant Team Leader who is conscientious, reliable and motivated about making a difference. This Team Leader will lead and be part of a team of exceptional professionals who practise within an evidenced based framework and who wish to apply their skills in the complex infant, child protection area. Although this will be your focus, you will have to work with all members of the family unit.
All staff at Family Preservation WSNBM work hard to develop and maintain harmonious working relationships in an autonomous-supportive work environment where they are all trained to be the best in their field. Wesley Mission provides regular supervision, support and training for all staff.
Wesley Mission employees working at Family Preservation WSNBM are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and comply with relevant booster vaccinations. As such, the successful candidate will need to provide evidence of their COVID-19 vaccination status prior to commencing in this role.
- tertiary qualification(s) in Psychology, Counselling, Social Work, Social Science, or related fields, or willing to complete a qualification within a reasonable timeframe
- minimum 5 years’ experience in working with vulnerable families experiencing stressors, including domestic violence, child protection issues, parent drug and alcohol misuse, parenting skills, child behaviour management, learning difficulties, parental mental health, and social isolation
- demonstrated experience, or interest, in people management and leadership
- cultural competence and experience working alongside CALD and Aboriginal families
- current NSW or National driver’s licence
- successful applicant will need a Working with Children’s Check & National Criminal Record Check.
- working knowledge of the local child and family support sector for the area which you are applying
- experience in SafeCare delivery, or other parenting programs
- experience in managing electronic files and data bases.
- a brief telephone conversation to confirm details of the role and arrange a telephone interview
- telephone interview
- online aptitude testing and a behavioural questionnaire
- face-to-face interview
- reference & pre-employment checks.
25 August 2022.
Interviews will be held:
7 September 2022.
Please find an Application Pack, including Position Description attached.
Only applications which include all of the following will be considered.
- Current resume
- Cover letter addressing the selection criteria
- A completed Wesley Mission Application for Employment form.
For further information, or to submit an application, please contact:
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values and Worker code of conduct. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
Preferred applicants will be requested to undergo an online psychometric test, prior to interview. The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.