KickStart SIL Program
- part time (live-in position) – 20hrs/week and 6 month contract
- based in Ermington, NSW
- join an exciting and innovative new program supporting young people transition from care to independent living. Accommodation is provided as part of this role
- 2 positions available with one supporting young people 16-18yrs and the other 18+
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the program
Wesley KickStart Program is an innovative accommodation program supporting young people transitioning from Foster Care. As the Lead Tenant you will live in the house with the young people, ensuring the share house runs smoothly and being available for support when needed.
The KickStart house is supported by external staff who support the young people with sourcing employment opportunities, developing living skills and general support as required.
About the role
We are currently seeking a candidate who will live in the house with the young people and be willing ensure that the house runs smoothly and supports the young people to achieve their goals. You will live with 3-4 young people who are exiting the foster care system, providing mentoring and general supervision. This role is supported by an excellent team of case managers and other support staff.
You will be responsible for ensuring the smooth running of the house, mentoring and acting as a role model to young people. Hours of work are flexible. This role would suit a candidate with additional study/work commitments.
- Qualifications in Youth work or Community services
- Inspired to partner with young people to create positive opportunities for their future
- ability to engage with a young person’s social and recreational skills
- ability to exhibit positive role modelling
- demonstrated ability to establish positive and meaningful relationships
- able to work independently and as part of a team
- ability to relate with empathy to the needs of disadvantaged people and those operating in crisis
- ability to think creatively about supporting young people’s needs
- current driver’s licence.
- experience with the Out of Home Care system.
Salary and employment conditions are in accordance with the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 . Level 3 PP1. The position also includes accommodation as the successful candidate is required to reside on the premises.
Friday 22 October 2021, by 5pm.
Please submit a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter addressing all the selection criteria. For further information, or to submit an application, please contact:
Contact name: Rita Karraz
Phone: 0437 533 853
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.