Wesley Mission Consulting Rooms Kogarah
- full-time and casual positions available
- based in Kogarah, NSW
- generous salary packaging benefits for permanent employees.
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the program
Wesley Mission has delivered high quality mental health care to people in need for more than half a century.
We operate private hospitals in two locations: Wesley Hospital Ashfield and Kogarah.
Wesley Kogarah Consulting Rooms provide psychiatrists and psychologists with rooms and administrative support for sessional consultations with clients. While the Consulting Rooms operate independently from the adjoining Hospital, some clients may be admitted to the Hospital for inpatient treatment programs to assist in their recovery and return to the community, while others may attend ongoing hospital day patient programs.
About the role
We are seeking a number of Medical Secretaries to provide administrative support to psychiatrists, psychologists and other allied health professionals who see their clients in the consulting rooms. Duties include managing doctors’ appointment calendars, processing of billing and payments, maintenance of patient’s records, general reception duties.
The position requires a professional attitude, strong organisational skills and experience, ability to manage multiple complex tasks simultaneously in both busy medical practices and hospital environments.
The roles are based at Kogarah.
- demonstrated customer service skills
- excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- computer literate with an understanding of Microsoft Outlook and other Microsoft Office applications
- able to multi-task and prioritise in a busy environment
- self-motivated with ability to work effectively both in a team and with minimal supervision
- previous administrative experience
- typing skills with a minimum typing speed 55 to 60 wpm.
- experienced in consulting rooms practice management systems e.g. Medical Director, Blue Chip
- experienced in reception duties and patient administration systems
- previous accounts or bookkeeping experience.
5pm Friday, 9 December 2022.
Please submit a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter addressing all the selection criteria. For further information, or to submit an application, please contact:
Phone: 0418 365 214
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values and Worker code of conduct. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.