Wesley Congregational Life
- full-time position
- based in head office – Sydney CBD
- be part of a leading NFP organisation making a real difference in the community.
Wesley Congregational Life is the spiritual heart of Wesley Mission and seeks to grow Christ-centred communities through:
- vibrant congregations and faith communities’ congregations in Sydney
- empowering our community service ‘deed’ ministry through Chaplaincy
- establishing and growing the presence of the church across NSW.
About the role
The focus of this role is to provide administrative leadership, coordination and support to enable the ministry of Wesley Mission across our congregations and chaplaincy services.
The successful candidate for this role will have:
- willingness to affirm Wesley Mission’s vision, mission and values and enthusiastically advocate our Word and deed ministry
- a vibrant and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- a heart for Christian ministry and a passion to see it grow
- highly organised, flexible and adaptable
- demonstrated ability to work unsupervised as well as an effective team player with a positive can-do attitude
- relate well to a range of people with sound listening and problem-solving skills
- confident professional and proactive
- well-presented, professional and polite manner
- display emotional maturity and resilience.
- proven organisational skills and an exceptional multitasker
- teachable and a good learner
- inventive and enjoys problem solving
- attention to detail
- excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- strong interpersonal skills and building rapport with a variety of people
- adaptable and comfortable to manage change
- strong computer skills and experienced with Microsoft Office.
- demonstrated experience in the administration / operations of a Christian church or related faith-based organisation
- qualification in office administration, operational management or related discipline.
Friday, 17 February 2023.
Please find a copy of the Position Description attached.
Please submit a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter addressing all the selection criteria. For further information, or to submit an application, please contact:
Mr Jason Ng
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.