Wesley Out of School Hours Care
- before and/or after school care and/or vacation care
- various locations
- casual and part-time positions available
Wesley Out of School Hours Care (Wesley OOSH) provides high quality before and after school care and vacation care to primary school aged children.
We provide an environment that is warm, caring and engaging for children, staff and families and believe it is important that every child in our care feels at home in a secure environment where they can grow and learn.
We currently have services at Quakers Hill, Seven Hills West, Riverstone, North Kellyville, Epping West, Marsden Park, Wyong, Merrylands, Oran Park, Northbourne, Greenacre, Warnervale and North Rocks communities.
About the role
We are seeking casual and part-time Educators to fill before and/or after school care and/or vacation care positions in our OOSH services specifically: Barramurra (Oran Park), Epping West, Northbourne, North Rocks, Seven Hills, Riverstone, Greenacre, and Quakers Hill.
To be successful in this position you will be passionate and love working with children. You will need to be motivated, enthusiastic, energetic and dedicated to providing children with the best possible childhood experiences. You will have a cooperative approach to working with staff and families.
- demonstrated ability to work unsupervised as well as an effective team player with a positive can-do attitude
- demonstrate strong initiative
- spontaneous, energetic and enthusiastic
- excellent interpersonal skills, flexible and patient
- displays emotional maturity and resilience.
- demonstrated ability to be encouraging and passionate about providing children with engaging activities
- good organisational and time management skills
- current employee Working with Children Check or willingness to obtain
- ability to work as part of a team
- good communication and relational skills with children, staff and families.
- Certificate III/IV in Children’s Services or working towards
- current First Aid, Asthma and Anaphylaxis Certificate or willingness to obtain
- Child Protection Certificate
- current driver’s licence
- experience in working with school age children
- demonstrated ability to be creative
- a working knowledge of the National Quality Framework and ‘My Time, Our Place’
- intermediate computer skills.
Salary and employment conditions are in accordance with the Children’s Services Award with generous salary packaging available. Other benefits include discounted private health cover, study assistance and Employee Assistance Program.
Friday 3 June 2022, 5pm.
Applications should include a cover letter addressing each of the selection criteria and resume. To apply, please forward your application and quote the location in the subject line to:
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
The current Public Health Order requires preferred applicants to be full vaccinated against COVID-19.