Wesley Out of School Hours Care
- part-time 12mth contract role, 30 hours per week
- before / after school care and vacation care
- location: Barramurra Public School, Oran Park
- generous salary packaging benefits
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
Wesley Out of School Hours Care (Wesley OOSH) provides high-quality before and after school care and vacation care to primary school aged children. We provide an environment that is warm, caring and engaging for children, staff and families and believe it is important that every child in our care feels at home in a secure environment where they can grow and learn. We strive to provide a home away from home where children thrive.
We currently have services at Quakers Hill, Seven Hills West, Riverstone, North Kellyville, Epping West, Marsden Park, Wyong, Merrylands, Oran Park, Northbourne and North Rocks communities and in early 2022 will be opening two new services in Greenacre and Warnervale.
About the role
As the Senior Educator you will be part of a small team and step into charge of the day to day running of the OOSH Centre when the Centre Coordinator isn’t there. You will work at least 2 split shifts per week.
Our Oran Park service is licenced for 55 children and is in a dedicated space within the school.
To be successful in this position you will have strong leadership qualities, be passionate and love working with children. You will be highly motivated, enthusiastic, energetic and dedicated to providing children with the best possible childhood experiences. You will also have a cooperative approach to working with stakeholders.
- ability to engage and inspire a passionate team through clear decision making and the provision of a supportive and collaborative management style
- demonstrated ability to work unsupervised as well as an effective team player with a positive can-do attitude
- relate well to a range of people with sound listening and problem-solving skills
- be spontaneous, energetic and enthusiastic
- confident professional with strong initiative
- display emotional maturity and resilience.
- an Early Childhood Education and Care qualification or equivalent (or working towards)
- sound working knowledge of the National Quality Framework and My Time Our Place
- experience working in a children’s service
- demonstrated ability to be encouraging and passionate about providing children with engaging activities
- First Aid, Asthma and Anaphylaxis qualification or willingness to obtain
- knowledge of Workplace Health & Safety
- current Working with Children Check or willingness to obtain
- excellent time management skills
- thorough attention to detail
- excellent written and oral skills
- proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office.
- previous OOSH experience
- demonstrated ability to be creative
- experience in facilitating group games and sports
- current driver’s licence.
Salary and employment conditions are in accordance with the Children’s Services Award with generous salary packaging available. Other benefits include discounted private health cover, study assistance and Employee Assistance Program.
Monday 24 January 2022, 5pm.
Applications should include a cover letter addressing each of the selection criteria and resume. To apply, please forward your application and quote “Senior Educator – Oran Park” in the subject line to:
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values and worker Code of Conduct. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). First Nation peoples are encouraged to apply.
The current Public Health Order requires preferred applicants to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.