Wesley Community & Family Care
- full-time position
- salary SCHADS Lvl 3 + super + salary packaging benefits
- based in Bankstown
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the program
Wesley Mission ParentsNext (WMPN) is a pre-employment program that aims to help parents with young children plan and prepare for employment once their youngest child reaches school age. We do this by providing early intervention assistance to parents at risk of long-term welfare dependency and helping them identify and reach their education and employment goals.
About the role
We are looking for a Team Assistant who is conscientious, reliable and motivated about making a difference. As your primary role will be to manage the ParentsNext 1300 number, assisting our clients with their queries and issues, additional administration duties will be assigned over time. You will be working with a team of professional consultants, who practise a strengths-based, client-centred casework model supporting parents to identify their training and employment goals.
Our vision at ParentsNext is to be the best we can be in a harmonious and supportive workplace. All staff work hard to develop and maintain harmonious working relationships in an autonomous and friendly work environment. ParentsNext has a career development pathway to ensure all staff have access to professional training and on-the-job opportunities to grow and develop their skills.
You will be responsible for:
- manage high volume calls on 1300 number daily basis
- updating and maintaining accurate, complete and timely records and referrals in relevant databases
- assisting clients with their enquiries and resolving issues over the phone
- assisting team to maintain high quality administrative tasks.
- working with the Program Administrator on Participation Fund and Outcome claims.
- 2 years’ experience in front of house reception, administration and related duties
- proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel & Outlook
- record keeping and data entry
- show initiative, plan and anticipate potential problems
- ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- current NSW or National driver’s licence
- Working With Children’s Check & criminal record history check
- Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values and Code of Conduct.
- specific knowledge and experience in the ParentsNext program
- knowledge and experience working in Australian Government Employment Services, including Employment Services System (ESS), and Employment Services Reporting
- experience with Wesley Mission processes including knowledge and experience in using the PeopleSoft Finance software program.
- brief telephone conversation to confirm details of the role and arrange a telephone interview
- telephone interview
- online aptitude testing and a behavioural questionnaire
- face-to-face interview
- reference & probity checks.
How to apply & closing date
Please email your current resume and a one-page cover letter addressing the essential and desirable selection criteria and detailing why you are interested in this role and what you can bring to our team by 5pm, Wednesday 1 June 2022. Please also include the completed Wesley Mission Application for Employment.
Only applications which address the essential criteria will be considered.
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number and Criminal History Record Check). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Please note: It is a requirement of this role to meet vaccination requirements for COVID-19.