Wesley Hospital Ashfield
- 2x casual positions with multiple shifts available in inpatient and outpatient programs
- 38 bed private psychiatric hospital located at Ashfield, offering an extensive range of inpatient and day patient services
- friendly working environment with great opportunities.
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the role
Wesley Hospital Ashfield is a 38-bed mental health facility, located in Sydney’s Inner West, offering an extensive range of inpatient and day patient services.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Therapist passionate about making a difference in the mental health field. To apply for this role you must have:
- qualification and registration as a psychologist, occupational therapist, or psychotherapist (with AHPRA; AASW; PACFA; ACA) or qualification in social work with eligibility for membership of the Australian Association of Social Work (AASW)
- demonstrated experience in a health care setting, working with alcohol and other drug disorders and acute mental health disorders
- competency in working with Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- competency in working with Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- demonstrated experience facilitating psychoeducation and skills groups
- competence in mental health assessment and care planning
- experience in planning and implementing group and individual interventions
- excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- good organisation and time management skills
- ability to work independently as well as within a professional multi-disciplinary team environment
- willingness to undergo criminal record check
- computer literacy.
- experience in mental health and AOD settings
- current NSW Drivers Licence
- commitment to professional development and research
- interest in providing in-service education
- interest in developing quality assurance activities.
- delivery of 3-4 groups per day
- provision of individual therapy (as required)
- completion of daily progress notes
- performance of administrative and other daily tasks in order to ensure the efficient running of the program
- engagement in team activities including team meetings, supervision, and mandatory training as required.
Monday 10th October 2022.
Please submit a copy of your CV/resume with current referees and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria. For further information, or to submit an application, please contact:
Phone: 9716 1400
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment
to positions within Wesley Mission. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are
encouraged to apply.
Note that a full COVID-19 vaccine certificate is required for the role.