- casual position working as a therapist in a private hospital setting
- based in Ashfield or Kogarah, NSW
- opportunity to facilitate DBT and be involved in planning programs
- friendly team environment.
About Wesley Mission
“Do all the good you can, by all the means you can…to all the people you can, as long as ever you can”
Wesley Mission has a real mission – to change the lives of those in need. Wesley Hospitals are located at Ashfield and Kogarah with an excellent reputation for providing quality care and maintaining ethical values whilst operating as a commercial activity. Patient feedback compliments our care and is reflected in feedback surveys.
About the Role
Wesley Hospital Ashfield (38-beds) and Kogarah (30-beds) are mental health facilities, located in Sydney, offering an extensive range of inpatient and day patient services.
We have an excellent opportunity for a psychologist/clinical psychologist passionate about making a difference in the mental health field and motivated to utilise their DBT facilitation skills. You will join a well-established team, committed to doing what we can to support patients succeed. To apply for this role, you must have:
- Registered or Clinical Psychologist (AHPRA registration)
- demonstrated experience in a health care setting, working with acute mental health disorders and addictions
- competency in working with Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) and Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- competence in psychological or clinical psychological assessment
- experience in planning and implementing group and individual interventions
- excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- good organisation and time management skills
- ability to work independently as well as within a professional multi-disciplinary team environment
- willingness to undergo criminal record check
- computer literacy.
- current NSW Driver’s Licence
- commitment to professional development and research
- interest in providing in-service education
- interest in developing quality assurance activities.
- delivery of 3-4 psychological education and skills groups per day
- provision of individual therapy and/or DBT (as required)
- completion of daily progress notes
- performance of administrative and other daily tasks in order to ensure the efficient running of the program.
Friday 10th February, 5pm.
Please submit a copy of your CV/resume with current referees and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria. For further information, or to submit an application, please contact:
Kevin Brown, Allied Health Manager
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.