- full-time position
- Sydney CBD location
- generous salary packaging benefits
- leading NFP organisation.
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 120 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can”.
About the role
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Graphic Designer with 5+ years of experience to join our in-house marketing team and support brand communication initiatives. This is an exciting time to join a passionate team who enjoy contributing their skills to a great cause.
To sum up, here’s what we’re looking for:
- minimum of 5 years professional design/agency experience. Formal qualifications in design and NFP experience will be an advantage
- outstanding design and creative skills with an emphasis on layout and typography for print design
- ability to deliver strong, powerful creative ideas, fit for purpose, to budget and time constraints
- be a brand custodian ensuring brand consistency, strong brand voice and brand integrity across all our creative work
- excellent attention to detail, ensuring work is output at the highest standards ensuring minimal rounds of corrections. Good work practices such as file management and version control to allow easy access for everyone who’s involved in a project
- the ability to work autonomously and also under creative direction across multiple stages from idea generation to visualisation, demonstrating an ability to think strategically about your design decisions for the brand and its consumer
- problem-solving skills, and the ability to identify, develop and deliver creative responses to briefs. Able to ask questions to clarify and not be afraid of challenging pre-determined responses to marketing problems
- strong time management skills, experience working on multiple projects with competing priorities and the ability to meet deadlines
- great communication skills, and a willingness to work collaboratively with colleagues to bring ideas to life and implement feedback
- a high proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite on a Mac platform (Indesign, Photoshop and Illustrator)
- a high level of print production knowledge and the skills to manage workflow from brief to final print-ready files
- a professional, yet personable, client manner (you will be dealing with marketing and specialist colleagues daily to solve design problems)
- enthusiasm for working with good causes, and the maturity to meet the challenges of working within a resource-restricted setting
- a friendly disposition and sense of humour would be an advantage – we are a highly supportive team and we work closely to best serve our business partners
- some skills in creating digital components to support our UX/UI specialist and provide design support for digital campaigns.
COB Monday 15 August 2022.
How to apply
Please apply with a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining how your skills and qualifications fit the above criteria. Please also submit a sample portfolio in PDF format (10mb max file size).
This is a senior full-time position. Applications without a portfolio will not be considered. You must be based in Sydney and have full working rights. Only successful candidates will be notified.
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
NO recruiters thank you.