Wesley Public Affairs & Advocacy
- permanent full-time role
- based in Sydney CBD
- competitive salary + superannuation + salary packaging benefits
- make a significant contribution within a leading not-for-profit.
Wesley Mission is a multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can”.
About the role
The role of Senior Marketing Officer – Ministry & Events is responsible for supporting the CEO and Superintendent’s profile and key projects to position Wesley Mission as a pre-eminent provider of community services in NSW and as a ‘lighthouse’ church.
Reporting to the Executive Manager for Public Affairs & Advocacy, the Senior Marketing Officer develops media products for a range of formats, including Wesley Mission’s renewed TV strategy and the creation of high-quality content to express Wesley Mission’s word and deed mission.
Leading a team of two, this role oversees major Wesley Mission events and delivers marketing, communications and event support, including partnering with the Ministers, Pastors and Chaplains of Wesley Congregational Life to achieve their shared 10-year strategy to become a spirit-led disciple-making movement.
It is a great opportunity for a committed individual with:
- strong alignment with and willingness to affirm Wesley Mission’s vision, mission and values and enthusiastically uphold and communicate our Word and deed mission
- experience with faith-based communications and an understanding of the Australian Christian landscape
- flawless stakeholder management and ability to work across a diverse range of settings and cultures
- confident professional with demonstrated experience in creative development and production processes to deliver high-quality content
- demonstrated experience in leading teams, including direct reports and freelance creatives
- experience in event management from small to large-scale events
- current Driver’s Licence, Working with Children Check & COVID-19 vaccination.
You will have access to a range of benefits including:
- salary packaging (reduce the tax you pay and increase your take-home pay)
- study leave and financial assistance through our educational assistance scheme for eligible staff
- professional development opportunities.
Applications close: Sunday 14 August 2022, 5pm.
How to apply
Please submit a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria to:
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values and Worker code of conduct. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.