Wesley Public Affairs & Advocacy
- permanent full-time role
- based in Sydney CBD
- competitive salary + superannuation + salary packaging benefits
- contribute at a senior level and drive change through advocacy
Wesley Mission is a multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can”.
About the role
The Senior Research and Policy Officer will drive the development and implementation of Wesley Mission’s advocacy initiatives. Consulting with subject matter experts from within Wesley Mission and external partners, the role builds and maintains stakeholder relationships to ensure effective collaboration and to deliver campaign goals and outcomes.
Reporting to the Executive Manager for Public Affairs & Advocacy, the role produces high quality research, policy outputs and advice and maintains a watching brief on key issues and legislative reform.
It is a great opportunity for a committed individual with:
- demonstrated experience in a community services or government setting
- experience in developing, conducting and publishing research
- exceptional written communication skills, with the ability to produce formal communication and submissions to tight deadlines
- project management experience working with internal and external stakeholders to achieve set objectives
- tertiary qualification or similar experience in a policy, social sciences or related field
- knowledge of issues and government policy initiatives to prevent suicide, gambling harm and to address housing is highly desirable
- current driver’s licence, Working with Children Check & COVID-19 vaccination.
You will have access to a range of benefits including:
- salary packaging (reduce the tax you pay and increase your take home pay)
- study leave and financial assistance through our educational assistance scheme for eligible staff
- professional development opportunities.
How to apply
Please submit a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria to:
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Applications close: Sunday 30 January 2022, 5pm.
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values and worker Code of Conduct. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.