Wesley Disability Services
- permanent part-time & casual positions available
- based in Croydon Park
- immediate start
Wesley Mission has been ministering to a community with lifestyle needs for over 200 years. Our community includes the vulnerable and marginalised. It includes the lonely, hurt and fragile, the homeless, mentally ill, aged, disabled, and unemployed.
We believe it takes love, faith, and commitment to engage actively in the lives of those around us. Our services are as diverse as the needs we face, so we shape our programs, activities and services to support those in need – whoever they are.
About the program
Wesley Disability Services assists those living with a disability to lead fulfilling lives by providing life enriching care in the community. We offer quality support services, encouraging clients to maintain independence, while catering for their social, physical and spiritual needs.
About the role
As a Support Worker you will provide individualised high-quality supports that promote the emotional, social and behavioural needs and goals of clients with a disability.
- Certificate III in Individual Support /Community Services or Disability Care or equivalent
- current First Aid certificate
- previous experience working with people with disability
- experience in monitoring clients and reporting changes to the Service Manager
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- ability to work independently
- understanding of WH&S issues and risk management
- current NSW driver’s licence (minimum of Green Provisional Licence).
Position is subject to award conditions under the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 as Level 2. Training and support provided.
Tuesday 14 December 2021, by 5pm.
Please submit a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter addressing all the selection criteria. For further information, or to submit an application, please contact:
Please Note: applications without a cover letter addressing essential criteria will not be qualified for shortlisting process.
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.