Wesley Youth & Family
- full-time position
- based in Penrith, NSW
- generous salary packaging benefits available with a fully maintained vehicle for work and personal use.
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the program
Wesley Mission’s Community and Family Care teams build resilience and strengthen capacity in the local communities where we work. We work with young people (12-18 years) and their families using trauma-informed, person-centred approach in a holistic manner and on a voluntary basis.
About the role
The Team Leader will provide line support, training and practice guidelines to the Youth and Family Team who service Blacktown, Blue Mountain’s, Hawksbury and Nepean LGA’s. Ensuring data is collected and uploaded, mentoring staff in the use of clinical assessments, managing the Carelink+ and DeX reporting portal, and ensuring case notes are kept to a high standard are some of the duties performed in this role. The Team Leader will also be responsible for establishing and maintaining a Youth Reference Group to ensure the voice of our clients and community are reflected within our service. The Team Leader will be in attendance at events, team training and youth camps which will require some weekend and overnight stays.
We are looking for an outstanding Team Leader who is conscientious, reliable and motivated about making a difference. The Team Leader will provide line supervision, practice innovation and evidenced based support to the Youth and Family Team. This role will work with stakeholders from DSS and DCJ to ensure contractual obligations are met and young people accessing our programs are met with integrity, empathy and a commitment to client centred practice.
All staff at the Youth & Family work hard to develop and maintain harmonious working relationships in an autonomous-supportive work environment where they are all trained to be the best in their field. Wesley Mission provides regular supervision, support and training for all staff.
- degree in Social Work, Psychology, Social Science or other relevant degree
- demonstrated minimum 2 years’ leadership experience in managing and leading staff to promote a cohesive and effective team providing service to young people and their families
- experience in supporting staff who provide service to young people and families in diverse settings, including home and school visits and centre-based care
- a proven ability to support staff whilst they develop case summaries, child protection reports and case studies to ensure client centred practice and processes are maintained and developed
- ability to build cooperative relationships with internal and external services and funding partners
- an aptitude for reporting on client and service data to funding partners and stakeholders in an effective, professional, and timely manner
- demonstrated commitment to cultural awareness and competence in service provision with multicultural and/or multifaith and First Nations communities
- current NSW or National Driver’s Licence, Working with Children’s Check, COVID-19 vaccination & criminal record history check.
- a broad understanding of the Community Services sector within Blacktown, Nepean, Hawksbury and Blue Mountains communities.
Salary and employment conditions are in accordance with the SCHADS Award, Level 6. An assigned car, super, salary packaging, training budget and external supervision is also provided.
28th November 2022.
Please find an Application Pack, including Position Description attached.
Please submit a copy of your CV/resume and a one-page cover letter addressing all the selection criteria and why you would be a good fit for the role. Please include the completed Wesley Mission Application for Employment.
Only applications with a one-page cover letter addressing all the selection criteria will be considered.
- a brief telephone conversation to confirm details of the role and arrange a telephone interview
- telephone interview
- online aptitude testing and a behavioural questionnaire
- teams interview on Thursday 1st December
- reference & probity checks.
If you have any queries, please contact Amy Clark on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0438 980 399
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values and Worker code of conduct. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number).
Wesley Child and Family team is committed to ensuring our workforce reflects the communities we work within. Whilst not a requirement, we strongly encourage people from the following background/s to apply:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- people who Identify as LGBTQIA+
- people of colour (e.g. identifying as cultural, religious and/or ethnically diverse).