Wesley Community Housing
- full-time position
- based in Ashfield, with some travel required to other sites
- great learning and development opportunities in a fast-paced team.
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from accommodation services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, aged care and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
Wesley Community Housing
Our passionate and friendly community housing team provide homes for people and families on low to moderate incomes across NSW. We partner with organisations and tenants to:
- support successful tenancies
- contribute to more connected and strengthened communities
- increase opportunities for tenants.
More information on our community housing activities can be found at: www.wesleymission.org.au/find-a-service/housing-and-accommodation/community-housing
About the role
Our passionate and friendly community housing team provide property and tenancy management services for some of the most vulnerable members of our community, helping to secure safe and affordable housing options.
We are looking to employ a Tenancy Support Officer with an empathetic, solution focused and positive approach to cover a period of maternity leave. This fast paced and varied role will see you providing support to Tenancy Officer and managing a tenancy portfolio from allocation to tenancy management and exit.
Reports to the Tenancy Officer, Wesley Community Housing.
Key responsibilities include:
- supporting the Housing Lead and Operations Manager as required
- supporting the Tenancy Officers with tenancy management activities
- tracking performance against KPIs
- ensuring the Housing Management System is accurate and up to date
- SMS messaging for assets and maintenance activities
- managing tenancies for allocated portfolio including monitoring compliance with the Residential Tenancies Agreement, Community Housing guidelines and other relevant contractual and legislative requirements
- providing back up coverage and support for other team roles as advised by Supervisor.
- relevant qualifications or experience in tenancy management or administration
- very strong interpersonal skills, particularly assertiveness, diplomacy, mediation and negotiation
- self-direction including initiative and the ability to prioritise activities
- demonstrated experience in analysis and problem solving
- exceptional organisational skills, attention to detail and follow through
- well-developed verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate across a variety of mediums to people to all levels, including management, staff, tenants and other stakeholders
- ability to work unsupervised as well as an effective team player with a positive can-do attitude, in a fast paced and changing environment
- competent knowledge and application of the Microsoft Office environment
- satisfactory National Criminal History Check clearance
- current unrestricted Drivers’ Licence and access to a motor vehicle to use for work (kilometre reimbursement will be paid).
- demonstrated experience of tenancy and property management working within community housing and/or private rental sector including representing the landlord at NCAT
- demonstrated knowledge of the Residential Tenancies Act 2010
- not for profit or cause related experience
- tertiary qualifications in a related discipline.
Salary and conditions of employment are based on the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Award 2010 with generous salary packaging opportunities. Kilometre reimbursement in line with the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Award will be paid for kilometres travelled for work.
12 February 2023.
Please submit a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter addressing all the selection criteria. For further information, or to apply, please contact:
Peter Ay, Housing Lead Sydney
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values and Worker Code of Conduct. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.