Wesley Vocational Institute
Contractor or casual positions available, with the view to possibly becoming part-time in the future. (Contractor will need to have ABN, Public Liability and Professional Indemnity Insurance).
We are looking for accredited Trainers and Assessors in the following regions:
- Sydney with occasional travel to the Central Coast
Training Qualifications required:
- CHC40113 Certificate IV in School Age Education and Care or similar with ability to Skills Map to the qualification
About the role
Wesley Vocational Institute is seeking a contract or casual trainer to deliver and assess the CHC40113 Certificate IV in School Age Education and Care training package. The programs will be delivered to our trainees employed in Wesley Mission Out of School Hours care services and other provider services as the role expands.
You will be able to evidence current child related industry experience and possess a sound understanding of the VET industry. You should have experience in gathering quality evidence during the accredited assessment process, allowing you to consider a person’s existing set of skills and knowledge to design a learning program that is adaptable to each learner’s needs.
Experience in supporting trainees and getting the best out of your relationships with the service managers would be highly valuable in this role. It is envisioned that you will enjoy working with a variety of age groups, but particularly find supporting younger learners rewarding and fun. You should be familiar with the operational processes of working in the child care industry; with specific knowledge of the Out of School Hours care sector being highly regarded.
The challenges of delivering nationally accredited training to trainees in this environment will provide you with the opportunity to be creative and expressive in your own personal training delivery style, utilizing a combination of workplace delivery and e-learning methodologies. We are looking for a trainer/assessor who wants to have a flexible work arrangement but also be a respected part of a growing team. Someone who wants to develop skills in our learners and therefore contribute to supporting our Wesley Mission clients.
* The NSW Department of Education has recognised our organisation as a High Performing Provider
- TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (must hold upgraded units TAELLN401 and TAEASS502)
- at least 80 hours evidenced currency within the child care industry; within last two years
- related package qualifications in the industry or demonstrated ability to Skills Map to relevant Units of Competency
- demonstrated experience delivering quality training and assessment in VET
- evidence of continuing professional development in your specialty industry and VET for the next 12 months
- current driver’s licence and own transport.
- experience in the Out of School Hours Care or willingness to gain additional experience by working at Wesley Mission Out of School Hours care sites
- experience in working with multiple trainees over a large geographical area
- experience in delivering training via e-learning virtual classroom settings as well as face to face training.
Wesley Vocational Institute is part of Wesley Mission a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
Wesley Vocational Institute (RTO Code 90091) delivers accredited and non-accredited training across a number of qualifications and locations around Australia. We supply all training and assessment materials as well as a collegiate environment to ensure our trainers are well informed and supported in every way.
Monday 28 February 2022, 5pm.
Please email your current resume and cover letter addressing the essential criteria to:
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values and worker Code of Conduct. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). First Nation peoples are encouraged to apply.