Wesley Vocational Institute – RTO Code 90091 – High Performing Provider*
- casual or contract positions available
- based in Sydney
- we are looking for Vocational Education Trainers and Assessors with relevant skills and experience within the Ageing, Home Care and/or Disability environments.
Training qualifications required:
- CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing, Disability or Home & Community) or able to Skills Map to
- CHC43015 Certificate IV in Ageing Support or able to Skills Map
- Other relevant higher order qualifications.
- CHC32015 Certificate III in Community Services
- CHC42115 Certificate IV in Community Services
- CHC43115 Certificate IV in Disability.
About the role
Wesley Vocational Institute understands the importance of quality training within the VET sector and is excited to offer a unique opportunity to someone with a passion for training, who is inspired by the idea of working at the grass roots level of our communities and wants to be part of a small and dedicated team of professionals. Wesley Vocational Institute is looking to expand our high performing team. We are looking for the right person to join our current Trainer and Assessors, who are experts in their fields and provide a positive learning experience, producing graduates of the highest vocational standards within the region.
Ideally you will possess a sound understanding of the VET industry and have experience in gathering quality evidence during the assessment process that will enable you to hit the ground running. You will also be familiar with the challenges of delivering nationally accredited training in various environments including the workplace, classroom, virtual e-learning, and to a range of client groups.
Your knowledge of the recognition process will allow you to consider a person’s existing set of skills and knowledge to design a learning program that is adaptable to each student’s needs. You will have current experience in your chosen field of training.
These are casual or contractor roles. Programs are generally delivered Monday to Friday between 8.30am and 5pm, however depending on the client needs, flexibility may be required at times as some remote learning with existing workers is carried out in the evenings. There may also be opportunities to work with our full-time trainers to support them with marking and assessment of online work.
*The NSW Department of Education has recognised our organisation as a High Performing Provider.
- TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (must hold upgraded units TAELLN401 and TAEASS502)
- at least 80 hours evidenced currency within your specialty industry; within last two years
- related package qualifications in the industry or demonstrated ability to Skills Map to relevant Units of Competency
- demonstrated experience delivering quality training and assessment in VET
- evidence of continuing professional development in your specialty industry and VET for the next 12 months
- current driver’s licence and own reliable vehicle.
Wesley Vocational Institute is part of Wesley Mission a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
Wesley Vocational Institute (RTO Code 90091) delivers accredited and non-accredited training across a number of qualifications and locations around Australia. We supply all training and assessment materials as well as a collegiate environment to ensure our trainers are well informed and supported in every way.
August 31st 2022, 5pm.
Please email your current Individual Trainer Matrix and resume, along with a cover letter addressing each of the essential criteria to:
Wesley Vocational Institute, Southern Region
Phone: 0402 967 608
This is a significant role in our RTO; if you have any questions or would like to understand more about the role before you apply please do not hesitate to email your query to the above.
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values and worker Code of Conduct. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Successful candidates will be required to comply with Public Health Orders related to community roles in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. First Nation peoples are encouraged to apply.