Short Term Emergency Placement (STEP)
- part-time & casual positions
- based in various locations covering the Mid North Coast NSW
- leading NFP organisation
- learning and development opportunities
- attractive salary packaging benefits for permanent employees.
Wesley Mission is a high-profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. Our Vision is “Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can.”
About the role
Wesley Dalmar is launching a new program providing a 1:1 Model of Care to young people on the Mid North Coast. We are seeking qualified and experienced Residential Youth Workers to meaningfully engage and support children and young people, 12 to 17 years, in residential care houses in Kempsey and Grafton. Youth Workers will manage all day to day caring, supported by the Program Manager – specialist care arrangements.
Duties include one on one care of children and young people that are in residential care environments, managing behaviours and meeting outcomes according to the young person’s case plan, and assisting with their transition to foster care or independent living arrangements.
You will be a self-directed individual who is passionate about working directly with young people experiencing trauma and is committed to providing the best level care and support possible to our children and young people.
Permanent part-time and casual positions available.
- minimum Cert IV in Youth Work or similar field, or a minimum of 2 years’ experience working with high to complex needs.
- availability to work flexible working hours including shift work, weekends and some paid overnight shifts
- ability to demonstrate knowledge of trauma-informed care
- current unrestricted drivers licence
- current First Aid Certificate
- current Working with Children Check.
- experience in out-of-home Care
- previous employment with children and families
- ability to work as a part of a team and independently.
Wesley Mission provides regular supervision and support for all staff and opportunities for professional development. Salary and conditions of employment are based on the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award (SCHADS) Level 3 with generous salary packaging opportunities for permanent employees.
Applications are being assessed NOW. Emailed applications must address the above criteria. To apply or request further information, please contact:
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission (including provision of a valid Working with Children Check clearance number). Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Please note: It is a requirement of this role to meet vaccination requirements for COVID-19.