Close this search box.


The Australian Government subsidises a range of aged care services in Australia.

Helpful links

If your personal circumstances allow, it is expected you’ll contribute towards the cost of your care if you can afford to do so. Full details of government costs are explained on

There are strong protections in place to ensure that care is affordable for everyone. The Australian Government regulates the maximum costs you may have to pay.

Wesley Mission’s home care fees will be based on the type of government support or package you receive. Full-fee paying services are also available. Any home care fees will be discussed and agreed upon before you receive the relevant services.

Costs for home support services

If you receive your services through the Commonwealth Home Support Program (consolidation of Home and Community Care or HACC program, National Respite for Carers Program and Day Therapy Centre services, from 1 November 2015), you may be asked to pay a small fee. This fee contributes to the cost of delivering services, such as staffing or equipment costs. To find out specific costs, speak to your Wesley Mission Lifestyle Advisor.

If you take up a Home Care Package on or after 1 July 2014, you will be asked to pay a basic fee of up to 17.5% of the single basic Age Pension, and may be asked to pay an income-tested care fee, if your income is over a certain amount.

Fee estimator for Home Care Packages

To estimate the contribution you may be required to pay, go to the Home Care Fee Estimator at or call 1800 200 422. To determine the maximum amount of your contribution, you will need to complete the Department of Human Services income test.

Financial advice

You may want to consult with a financial adviser about your finances. There are government services and resources that can help you obtain appropriate financial advice. It’s a good idea to do some research to see what options work best for you.

Are there any provisions for financial hardship?

If you believe you will face financial hardship in paying your aged care costs, you can ask to be considered for assistance. If you apply for financial hardship assistance, the value of your assets will be taken into account as part of the application process.

How to complain about costs

All organisations must manage and administer funds in a transparent manner, meeting quality and accountability requirements. If you, your carer or anyone else is concerned about what you are paying for services, please get in touch with Wesley Mission on (02) 9263 5555. If your concern is not resolved you can engage the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission. The Commission can be contacted by phone on 1800 951 822 or via the website at

Stay up to date with all things Wesley Mission

I would like to receive communications from Wesley Mission?