We have programs for young people from 12 to 25 years of age who are facing difficulties in their lives. We do this primarily through our Centres, which are located in Nepean, Riverstone, Quakers Hill, Mount Druitt, and Newcastle.
The young people we work with face issues brought about by bullying, violence, family breakdown, poor school attendance, alcohol and other drug use, and homelessness.
We help young people to reconnect with their family, connect with support services and learn to value themselves, maximising their capabilities in every area of their lives. We also recognise the importance of meeting you on your own ground in surroundings that you choose, so we can meet you at a cafe, shopping mall, your home, or school.
There are a number of programs and activities which are unique to individual centres. To find out more about what’s on offer near you, contact your local centre.’
Our short-term programs support young people with:
- anger management techniques
- drug and alcohol awareness
- one-on-one counselling
- family counselling
- group sessions with other young people
- healthy eating, health and fitness advice
- cooking and art activities
- strategies for coping with bullying
- self-confidence, self-control and self-discipline techniques
- advice on making positive life choices.