Wesley Financial Counselling Service provides free, independent and confidential face-to-face counselling. Our counsellors can help you if you’re in financial difficulty or would like to manage your money more effectively.
Our counsellors listen to your current circumstance with care and without bias or judgement. They can analyse and asses your situation and give you information and support to improve your situation by providing the following services:
- compile a budget or plan to help you live within your means
- advocate or negotiate on your behalf with creditors
- provide insolvency information and counselling on bankruptcy issues.
How do I know if I need financial counselling?
- Can you answer yes to any of the following questions?
- Do you have debt problems?
- Are you experiencing financial difficulties due to unemployment, illness or personal problems?
- Are financial institutions or debt collectors pursuing you for overdue payments or threatening legal action?
- Is your vehicle about to be repossessed?
- Are you behind on your house payments?
- Have you been sent a legal notice regarding your debts?
- Are you spending more than you earn?
- Are you having difficulties trying to plan how to manage your money?
- Are you unsure about your legal responsibilities in regard to a credit contract?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, we may be able to help.
In charge of my money
Do you want to understand financial jargon and learn how to manage your money more effectively? Our Financial Literacy Program can help you wrap your head around everything you need to know, so you can feel secure about how you’re managing your finances.
We offer courses through local companies and organisations.
Do you want some tips on how to manage your money right now? Check out our helpful resources here.
Find out about the qualifications of our financial counsellors.