Your impact in 2017
Your support had a remarkable impact in 2017. Our 2017 Annual Report, titled Seeds of Growth, reported Wesley Mission supported more than 295,000 people in the past year. We could not have done this without the generosity and compassion of you, our donors.
Because of the generosity of people like you, we’ve been helping people in big ways and small for over 200 years. With your support, we were able to continue delivering vital services to those most in need in 2017, and also to reach out to more people in need by delivering new services in suicide prevention, mental health services, assistance for young people and disability support.
Below are some highlights from the Annual Report showing how your support has helped us to deliver vital services to those most in need.
- Wesley Homeless Services supported 3,748 people experiencing homelessness
- ParentsNext supported 2,108 families as parents prepared to re-enter the workforce
- 61 mothers and their children assisted through Mums and Kids Matter
- 53 young people supported through the innovative Wesley Take Charge of Your Life program
- Wesley Dalmar organised care for and supported 801 children
- Wesley Community Housing supported 314 tenancies
- 38,881 calls answered by LifeLine Sydney & Sutherland
- 6,500 volunteers shared their time and talent with Wesley Mission