Treatment for anxiety disorder
Anxiety is a persistent feeling of heightened fear. Up to one in four Australians suffer from an anxiety disorder or panic attacks at some stage in their life.
Symptoms of anxiety can vary between individuals. Without treatment, it can have negative impacts on your social, work and study life, as well as physical and mental health. The sooner people with anxiety get help, the better chance they have of recovery.
Treatment programs for anxiety disorders
At Wesley Hospital we offer proven and effective treatment for anxiety disorder and we aim to help you return to a fulfilled and connected life with your family and friends.
We offer a highly regarded treatment program that can assist you to break the cycle of anxiety and take the appropriate steps towards recovery.
We offer two types of treatment programs that are designed to treat anxiety:
Inpatient treatment involves staying in the hospital for a period of time to receive focused 24-hour care. During your stay, you will be supported by our team of professional and compassionate staff, giving you access to evidence-based psychiatric, nursing and psychological support.
In addition to medical care, your treatment will also include:
- detailed clinical assessment from qualified professionals
- psychiatric and nursing care
- education about anxiety and the factors that maintain this condition
- help to identify triggers of anxiety
- guidance to develop strategies to manage the symptoms of anxiety
- finding ways to increase motivation to change
- cognitive behaviour therapy to address thoughts and behaviours that maintain anxiety
- skill development, including problem solving skills, assertiveness and communication skills, distress tolerance and mindfulness skills
- improvement of self esteem
- relapse prevention.
A day patient program offers you treatment and support if you don’t need the focused care that our inpatient treatment program offers. It’s also an effective way to continue treatment after returning to your everyday life if you have been an inpatient, providing you with ongoing care and support in your journey of recovery.
Treatment through our day patient program involves attending short sessions. The number of sessions you attend depends on the program and your personal needs.
Wesley Hospital is a private hospital and requires most patients to have private health insurance. Complete the form below to enquire about our treatment programs or call us on 1300 924 522.